Whether you root for the Rebels or the Bulldogs, here are a few fun facts about the Egg Bowl you need to know:
- The Egg Bowl is the 10th longest uninterrupted series in the USA!
- In the early 1900's, Ole Miss was known as the Red and the Blue and MSU as the Mississippi A&M College Aggies
- The first Egg Bowl game was played in 1901. The game started 40 minutes late because of a dispute over the eligibility of A&M's Norvin E. Green, who had played for Ole Miss the previous year. In the end, it was decided Green could not play in the game!
- Since 1927, the winning team has been presented with the Egg Bowl Trophy!
- Ole Miss adopted the nickname the Rebels in 1936 and MSU the Bulldogs in 1961
- The 2013 game was the first EVER Egg bowl to go into overtime!
- This year's game will be the 113th meeting between the two schools and the 87th Egg Bowl.
Hotty Toddy and Hail State! Good luck to both of Mississippi's fine teams!
Photograph courtesy of Athlonsports.com